The Creative Industries Knowledge Hub (CIKH) is a partnership between the NSW Government Department of Industry and the University of Technology Sydney (UTS).
The Hub aims to develop and evolve the entrepreneurship and business skills of professionals in creative industries in NSW.
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Unit of the UTS coordinates the Hub from the thriving Ultimo creative industries precinct in Sydney.
UTS supports activities, events, knowledge exchange, networking and community building; and, seeks to foster a culture of collaboration between creative industries, entrepreneurs and startups, researchers, and government.
Creative industries in NSW are diverse and include advertising services, design, creative software development, music, performing and visual arts, print publishing, media production and broadcasting.
- Creative Industries have contributed $47.4 billion to the national GDP in 2016–17
- 39% of Australia’s creative businesses choose NSW as their base
- Exports from NSW based creatives are worth $3 billion and make up 70% of Australia’s total creative exports
- NSW is home to almost half of Australia’s’ creative workforce.
(Source: Based on estimates by consulting firm BYP Group, 2017)
On the Hub’s website you will find a range of articles and content including:
- Upcoming events for creative industries
- Profiles of leading creative entrepreneurs in NSW
- Inspiration, thought leadership and research into creative industries
- Resources for ideas and skills
- Knowledge sharing on creative industries and entrepreneurship
- Connections to communities of creative entrepreneurs and startups
- Connections to UTS students, faculties and the creative industries precinct anchored by UTS’s inner Sydney campus
The digital platform of the Creative Industries Knowledge Hub is designed for audiences including:
- professionals working within NSW creative industries
- students of creative industry professions and creative disciplines
- creative entrepreneurs: people currently running a business within creative industries
- aspiring creative entrepreneurs: people wanting to launch a startup within creative industries
- Sydney and regional startup hubs and co-working spaces supporting creative industries
- SMEs and cultural organisations within the Ultimo precinct
- partners of the CIKH project
- mainstream media, and media specialising in creative industries; business; and entrepreneurship
We look forward to being your creative industries digital partner in NSW!